Masonicare Hospice Unit
- Upgrades to the family lounge – furniture, flooring, and continual beverage & refreshment center.
- Guest chairs and lighting for the patients’ rooms, for those extended stays.
- Purchased 4 additional clinical care recliners, 250 blankets for the Hospice patients, and six patient amplifiers.
- Through the generous donation of a local benefactor, we created a furnished outdoor pavilion at Masonicare’s Hospice/Acute Care Unit for patients and their families.
- In addition, an all-season perennial garden was planted adjacent to the Hospice Unit.
- We also enhanced the Hospice Unit rooms with bedspreads and CD players.
- Equipped Inpatient Hospice Rooms with six sleeper chairs, allowing patient family members the opportunity to stay with their loved ones.
- Outfitted family lounge with a desktop computer, coffee, and snack services for family members.
- Purchased six additional 32 inch flat screen TVs for expanded Hospice Unit.
- Created a Last Wish Fund to enhance the quality of life for cancer patients during their final weeks.
- Set up a Funeral Expense Fund for indigent Hospice patients with no personal familial financial resources.
- Designed Maxi Move Lift for patients who have little or no capacity to support themselves or who are completely dependent on others for their mobility.
- Purchased two clinical care recliners for the Hospice Unit.
- Purchased five additional pressure relieving air mattresses.
- Purchased six pressure-relieving air mattresses for Inpatient Hospice Rooms.
- Equipped the Hospice Rooms with flat screen televisions and DVD players.
- Renovated Family Lounge in the Inpatient Hospice Unit at Masonicare Health Center. The family lounge is a dedicated space for the caregivers, relatives, and friends of terminally ill patients.
- “SpiritSong” Hospice Music Program: Outfitted Hospice Unit with Compact Disc Players & Library of Music.
- Read library of books for the enrichment of adults & children.
- Provided certification of Pet Therapy for patients in the Hospice Unit.
Donate to The Sisters’ Project.
100% of your donation will help us in personally supporting local residents who are battling cancer.